Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day Four - Edge of Glory

Hey guys.
So, this isn't directly related to the O-Show, but I am going to talk about it anyway. Bear with me.

One of the things that I love about theatre at Tufts is that you DON'T have to be a Drama major to be involved in productions. Not only that, but even if you are involved in lots of theatre things, you can still have a life OUTSIDE OF THEATRE. Crazy right?
Well, my life outside of theatre at Tufts (that doesn't include eating, sleeping and getting a fantastic liberal arts education...) is Irish dancing. I am part of the Tufts Irish Dance Club, a group of about 10 dancers that all have past experience in dancing. Last year, we danced to Beyoncé at TDC, which was AWESOME.

Tonight, we danced at the first night variety show thing for the class of 2015. We danced to Lady Gaga's "Edge of Glory." It was great.
Part of the reason I haven't blogged much yet today is because the past 24 hours have been spent learning and practicing the routine (when I am outside of rehearsal, of course.). During rehearsal we are getting to the point where I need to pay attention to the script more and such, and thus have less time to blog.
Anyway, if you are interested in theatre at Tufts, don't think for a SECOND that joining up will mean you won't be able to do anything else. With organization and dedication, you can do a whole lot more than you ever thought possible. For example, dance in front of 1300 peers with a giant triangle on your eye.

I am Lady Gaga hear me RAWRRRRRR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment