Sunday, August 28, 2011

Welcome to the 2011 3Ps O-Show Blog!

HELLO, EVERYONE!
Welcome to the official blog for the 3Ps 2011 Orientation Show – Fables for Friends!

This blog will cover the entire production process from start to finish, and will hopefully give you a good idea of how we put on shows here at Tufts. Be sure to check out the Torn Ticket II O-Show blog here: http://extraordinarytt2.blogspot.com/.

WHO AM I?

First off, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Abby and I am a sophomore at Tufts this year. I still haven’t decided on a major, but I am leaning in the direction of International Relations with a minor in Drama. In my freshman year at Tufts, I assistant stage managed the 3Ps fall production of Uncle Vanya, stage managed a senior thesis production, and worked as a dresser for the spring department show, The Arabian Nights. This year, besides working on the O-Show, I will be ASMing for the fall department show. I am also on the Executive Board of the 3Ps, working as the Media Archivist, making sure that YOU are always in the know about what goes on in the Balch Arena Theater.

HOW THIS BLOG WILL WORK

So, because I am Assistant Stage Managing for Fables, I will be able to report on all sides of this production. (btw ASMing is an AWESOME way to get to know the production process...) I will post pictures, anecdotes, interviews, and other fun things throughout the rehearsal and tech process. The idea is that by the time our show goes up and you come and see it, you can then go online and read all about how it came to be. (Congrats on doing so!) Besides that, this blog will give YOU a good idea of the extraordinary experience that is theatre at Tufts.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment