Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day One - Irene

Right now I am sitting on my bed in my dorm, watching Irene pour buckets of water down on campus. It has been a crazy whirlwind (pun intended) of a week.

Last week I spent some time with my friend MayaBea (who, believe it or not, is the ASM for the TTII show, and also running a blog). She and I were down in New Jersey, hanging out on the beach. It was all fine and dandy until we found out that Hurricane Irene was headed straight for the New England coast. Now, I am from Minnesota, so I don't know much about hurricanes. What I do know is that being near the beach during one is a bad idea. So, we evacuated the shore, and began our long drive up to Boston a day and a half earlier than we had planned. Thankfully, Tufts pushed up the move-in date to Saturday, since Sunday was expected to be when Irene hit Massachusetts.

We managed to move-in all right, getting most of our stuff in our dorm before the rain came on Saturday afternoon. (btw, it hasn't really stopped since...) On our way up we stocked up on emergency food (crackers, peanut butter, water) in case we would be stuck in our dorm all day.

As far as the O-Show is concerned, I have been in contact with Jeff, discussing about how Irene could affect our rehearsal and meeting plans. All our cast and pstaff members have safely arrived on campus. As of yet we are still scheduled to hold our first meetings today. We'll see how the weather looks.

Tomorrow it be beautiful, I'm sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment